Download .PDF ⬇
- Phone: +34 655 52 79 11
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal web: https://cristobal.dev
- LinkedIn: http://es.linkedin.com/in/ccarnerolinan/
- Date of birth: 12th February, 1981
AWS Solutions Architect certified with more than 10 years of professional experience designing, building and deploying server-side solutions in the cloud, for different industries like management consulting, energy and utilities, video games, and university research groups. Expertise in Backend Development, Data Engineering and DevOps.
2009 – 2011 Master in Software Engineer and Artificial Intelligence, Universidad de Málaga.
2002 – 2007 Computer and Software Engineering, Universidad de Málaga.
5-year university degree. Bachelor Thesis approved with Special Distinction.
Since Nov 2018 Cathedral Software, Senior Data Engineer & DevOps.
- Develop solutions for international client, one of the biggest management consulting firm.
- Backend services for web applications using Django REST Framework for API, Celery for background tasks, and Django Channels for notitifications.
- Work with Data Science team in order to design and implement cloud architecture solutions in both AWS & Azure, using Terraform.
- Implement continuos integration with different stacks: CircleCI, Azure DevOps, Docker, Helm, Kubernetes.
Feb 2018 - Nov 2018 Virtually Live, Senior Server Engineer & DevOps.
- Independently responsible for designing full real-time data pipeline architecture from the ingestion of telemetry from live events (Formula E), processing, and serve the output stream data to mobile games at scale.
- Implement the key parts of the architecture in Python using technologies like ZeroMQ, Kafka and Tornado.
- Work closely with Data Science team to provide a stream processing framework using Apache Heron for their needs.
- Deployment of a Kubernetes cluster in AWS using Ansible, including hosted applications using Helm, and continuos integration with Jenkins.
- Contributions to open source project Apache Heron in order to fix deployment to Kubernetes and complete its documentation.
- Work with R&D department designing and developing a prototype for a real time computer vision app using deep learning with Keras.
2017-2018 Cathedral Software, Senior Software Engineer.
- Work on the data pipeline of the business intelligence platform of one of the largest travel web companies.
- Develop ETL in Airflow to calculate KPIs and provide reporting capabilities for internal tools of the client company.
- Responsible to design and develop backend solution to provide real time chat and other features to mobile app using Tornado.
2015 - 2017 VATIA Energía, Software Engineering Manager.
- Responsible to design and develop a web platform for automatic Virtual Energetic Audit and Energetic Benchmarking.
- Develop key parts of the system: Node.js APIs, background tasks using Celery for monitoring, and data analysis/reporting with Pandas and Matplotlib.
- Responsible for recruiting technical staff: write job descriptions, qualify resumes, interview candidates and provide assessments.
2011 – 2013 Melomics Media, Backend Developer & System Administrator.
- Server side development and deployment of a massive online repository of computer generated music, with search, streaming, purchases and public API.
- Administration of a cluster of Debian servers.
- Development of automatic video edition software with additional post-processing capabilities as chroma key, filters, titles, subtitles, publishing,…
- Technologies: Python, web.py, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Memcached. APIs: Paypal, Google Wallet, Facebook, Google+.
2009 – 2011 Universidad de Málaga, Researcher.
- Computer vision research in the department of “Computational Intelligence and Image Analysis”, managed by José Muñoz Perez and Enrique Dominguez Merino.
- Technologies: Python, C++, OpenCV, cvBlob, Matlab, Octave.
2007 – 2009 Tedial, Backend Developer & System Administrator.
- Server-side media storage technologies.
- Development of an interpreter for a custom programming language designed for testing DB operations.
- Authentication, authorization, and access control with LDAP.
- Management software for surveillance cameras.
- Deployment of software and administration of several SuSE Enterprise Server client installations.
- Technologies: C++, Python, Oracle, SOAP.
2005 – 2006 Novasoft, Software & Web Developer.
- Educational video games in Flash.
- Started in a one month scholarship, but then the company hired for a longer project.
Title: “Shape recognition through new convexity descriptors”
Supervisors: José Muñoz Perez, Enrique Dominguez Merino
Description: For this project several new convexity descriptors were devised. Then they were tested in the recognition of the American Sign Language used by deaf people.
Title: “A Video Surveillance System for Fall Detection”
Supervisors: José Muñoz Perez
Description: Development of a video surveillance software to automatically detect the fall of persons.
Since 2020 EnRemo.to, https://enremo.to.
- Directory of tools for remote working built in less than 24h during COVID-19 as a No-Code project.
- Job offers for remote positions in companies based in Spain.
- Blog about remote working.
Since 2016 Mukabe, https://mukabe.com.
- Mukabe is the new way of navigate through information, the new social and online organization, and the new way to get visibility for you, your projects or your company.
Since 2015 RegaloInteligente, http://regalointeligente.com.
- Search engine of gifts with parameters like gender and age, and filter for prices.
- Web and Android applications. Twitter bot with auto posting and automatic reply. Telegram bot.
Free Software Projects
Since 2021 Datacker, https://github.com/cristobalcl/datacker.
Convert your notebooks to runnable Docker images. The quickest way to bring Data Scientists work to production.
2009 – 2012 cvBlob, https://github.com/cristobalcl/cvblob.
Blob library for OpenCV, widely used in computer vision and robotic research.
- Spanish Native
- English Fluent
Languages: Python, Bash script, Elixir (learning).
Software Engineering: TDD (Test-Driven Development), Clean Architecture, Scrum, Git-flow, Trunk-Based Development.
Databases: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Redis.
Frameworks: Django, Django REST framework, Celery, Airflow.
Infrastructure: Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean.
Deployment: Docker, Helm, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Supervisor, Nginx.
Data Science: Pandas, Keras, Jupyter.
Environments: Git, Make, Vim/NeoVim, tmux, Bash, Fish.
- Ability to find creative solutions.
- Strong analytical, able to anticipate issues, resolve concerns and improve efficiency.
- Care of coding standards and best practices.
- Eager to learn and develop new skills.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Great written communication skills (wide experience in both Spanish and English).
DDD (Domain-Driven Design), software architecture, GNU/Linux, free software, image processing, computer vision, computer graphics, artificial intelligence.